Home » Audio » Source » What are these controls? (Quanta 450sx)
What are these controls? (Quanta 450sx) [message #13687] Sun, 22 June 2008 11:05 Go to next message
VInyldude is currently offline  VInyldude
Esquire

Hi,

I recently picked up an old Quanta 450sx. It has some controls on the right hand side, and I'm not sure what they do. See image above. Specifically I don't know what the circle with the little numbers around it, and the slider that says 30|12, 25|10 etc., do.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Re: What are these controls? (Quanta 450sx) [message #13688 is a reply to message #13687] Tue, 24 June 2008 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It looks like you have a switch that allows you to select record size. That's what I would guess the 12/10/7 switch is - It selects diameter in inches. That would set where the arm set down in automatic operation. The round dial sets anti-skating, which provides a slight amount of outward force on the tone arm to counter the centripetal force of the spiraling inward groove on the record. It is generally set about the same as the downward force of the tracking weight. Click the link below for more information:

Re: What are these controls? (Quanta 450sx) [message #62213 is a reply to message #13688] Mon, 29 March 2010 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wambus is currently offline  wambus
Esquire
I am giving this a bump to ask a question. I have also recently picked up one of these. My belt is off. Before I bugger the thing all up, how do you get it apart to replace the belt? It looks like I need to remove a 'C' clip from the post in order to slide the platter off..

Please help.
Re: What are these controls? (Quanta 450sx) [message #62217 is a reply to message #62213] Mon, 29 March 2010 11:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, pop that E clip off and you can pull the platter to gain access to the workings underneath.

Previous Topic: Non-oversampled v. Oversampled
Next Topic: Sony TC-650
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout