Home » Audio » Source » Rega on ebay
Rega on ebay [message #13643] Thu, 07 February 2008 17:45 Go to next message
Patrick Baker is currently offline  Patrick Baker
Esquire
I see alot of used rega TT on ebay from England and Europe. If I bought one would it work here in the USA?

Re: Rega on ebay [message #13645 is a reply to message #13643] Fri, 08 February 2008 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
IIRC the P-3 has an AC motor. England has 50Hz power so you'd have to change the motor for US 60 Hz.

There's always a few good Regas on Audiogon from US sellers and Audiogon has been berry, berry good to me. The P-3 is an outstanding table, the P-5 and up even better. I'd go that way and not worry about the motor.

Re: Rega on ebay [message #13646 is a reply to message #13643] Fri, 08 February 2008 14:39 Go to previous message
real_one is currently offline  real_one
Baron
The line voltage and frequency is different. Some models have outboard power supplies but some don't. For those that don't, you can always add one. Even if you don't need an external supply to match mains with the motor, it's still a good upgrade. It will make the speed more stable because it doesn't depend on line frequency as a reference.

Previous Topic: Should I get an Audio-Technics AT-PL120?
Next Topic: Akai Gx-95
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:08:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout