Home » Audio » Source » Which should I keep?
Which should I keep? [message #13635] Sun, 27 January 2008 03:34 Go to next message
CarlP is currently offline  CarlP
Esquire
Hi,

I have a really nicely setup Thorens 160 Special (which was rehung a few years ago by a small Audio dealer in Cambridge - AB Audio) with a Linn Basik Plus arm and a MC cartridge. Yesterday I went mad and could not resist buying an immaculate Linn Bask turntable with a Linn Akito tone arm, which I have read is better than the Basik plus?
Should I keep the Thorens and sell the Linn or even swap the Akito arm on my Thorens and then sell the Linn or just sell the Thorens. The Linn system came with a K9 cartridge so I need to swap the cartridge if I keep the Linn anyway. I can't easily compare the two at the moment as my amplifier only has an imput for a MC cartridge..

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Carl

Which do you like better? [message #13636 is a reply to message #13635] Sun, 27 January 2008 19:52 Go to previous message
real_one is currently offline  real_one
Baron
That's really the question. We can all tell you what we would do, but your preference is what really matters. You've some good gear there so this is a matter of Nth degree...

Do what you have to do to try them both. Give the new one some time to know how it is for you. Only then will you know which is best for YOU.

Previous Topic: Turntable buzz
Next Topic: Cleanning Heads
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:02:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout