Home » Audio » Source » Oh Boy! Fedex coming today
Oh Boy! Fedex coming today [message #13584] Wed, 07 November 2007 01:31 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Green guy's bringing me:

Count Basie 88 Basie Street
Miles Davis Kind of Blue
Sarah Vaughan Sarah Vaughan
Eva Cassidy Songbird

I could have bought 15 or 20 used at a record show for the same $$$ but I love the Classic Chairman Of The Board so much I had to have Basie Street, never heard Blue on vinyl and used are just as expensive and Songbird and Sarah Vaughan are worth almost any price. There, rationalisations out of the way and HD overpaid my comp time Friday.

2&4 are dupes of CDs I have. Kinda reverse of 90's 'buy it again in new format'. Vinyl: the new format!

Re: Oh Boy! Fedex coming today [message #13585 is a reply to message #13584] Wed, 07 November 2007 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very cool, Bill. I know what you mean, sometimes it's worth it to me to pay a little extra to make sure and get a good copy. It's fine to check the resell shops every now and then to find bargains, and sometimes you get a real gem or two. But you never know what's there. Sometimes, it's nice to go out and get exactly what you want. You gotta pay for it though.

Re: I think I know where the dbl posts are from [message #13586 is a reply to message #13585] Wed, 07 November 2007 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I previewed and then made a change, then previewed again, then posted...double post. The post you deleted had the correction for italics, this one dosen't. Strange.

Re: I think I know where the dbl posts are from [message #13587 is a reply to message #13586] Wed, 07 November 2007 20:06 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, I do that a lot too. Sorry 'bout that. I need to make time to do an edit function, but I have so many things on my plate now, I don't have much room on the "to do" list.

Previous Topic: Dr. Brown comes thru again
Next Topic: I found a new source for cassettes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:54:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout