Home » Audio » Source » Good vinyl score
Good vinyl score [message #13427] Tue, 10 July 2007 23:59 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Went to an auction this evening. Picked up 80 damn near mint classical albums and 20 box sets, and all for $15. Going to another auction Thursday. I'm really hopeing for a major jazz score this summer.....C

Re: Good vinyl score [message #13428 is a reply to message #13427] Wed, 11 July 2007 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

My God, Colin, You always get the best stuff! I have scored one major find like that, and the rest just trickles in as I find albums in record stores. If I had more time to check estate sales, maybe I could find more. Don't even know where in this area to begin to look for auctions that might have record albums. Congrats!

Re: Good vinyl score [message #13429 is a reply to message #13428] Fri, 13 July 2007 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I find auctions through auctionzip.com. Lots of good stuff in our zip code, 45069. Not too many listed in Tulsa on this site

Re: Good vinyl score [message #13430 is a reply to message #13429] Sun, 15 July 2007 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I stopped in at the local resale shop yesterday and found three albums worth grabbing. All three were just $1.00. Two had never been opened and the third was in great shape. I got an album of Rostrapovich on Cello doing Dvorak's Concerto in B Minor. Never been opened. That's pretty cool. I also got a copy of Madame Butterfly performed by the Rome Symphony Orchestra, directed by Domenico Savino. The third was a funny grab - it's a Christmas album with familiar songs performed by a bunch of familiars like Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby. For a buck, I couldn't pass it up.

Careful Wayne [message #13432 is a reply to message #13430] Sun, 15 July 2007 22:04 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Could be the start of an addiction.....C

Previous Topic: My sweet Beogram 8000 has a problem
Next Topic: pitch control problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 04:41:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio