Home » Audio » Source » Custom Slipmats?
Custom Slipmats? [message #13374] Sun, 06 May 2007 13:05 Go to next message
eatli is currently offline  eatli
Chancellor
A friend of mine is thinking of setting up a shop selling custom designed slipmats. There are lots of places online already offering this service on a mail order basis.

I realise this isn't all that accurate, since you guys are from all over the world, but just to get a general idea, would you rather walk in to a store, hand over your design, and get it made that day (at perhaps a premium price) - and get advice about 'This design might not come out that well' while you're at it. Or, would you rather get it mail order - less chance to get advice / your design converted to the right size, but at least you don't have to leave your house, and it's cheaper too.

Just curious to see what people think before he hits the streets near the record shop to harrass people in person

Re: Custom Slipmats? [message #13378 is a reply to message #13374] Tue, 08 May 2007 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
britjojo is currently offline  britjojo
Chancellor
I don't think that there needs to be ANY loss of interchange if you do it online-mail order would be different of course but there is still the opportunity to handle things by phone. I think ultimately either is workable, just depends on what kind of thing you prefer-in person or convenient.

Re: Custom Slipmats? [message #13396 is a reply to message #13374] Mon, 28 May 2007 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
I have always been the type of person who likes to get there items done the same day if possible. I like to be face to face with my purchases so with that said. I would rather do a walk in.

Re: Custom Slipmats? [message #13403 is a reply to message #13378] Wed, 06 June 2007 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I agree i personally have to be in person though. Because I may somehow get the wrong thing and I feel as if communication is better done in person so there is no confusion when it comes to what i want.

Re: Custom Slipmats? [message #13404 is a reply to message #13378] Wed, 06 June 2007 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I agree i personally have to be in person though. Because I may somehow get the wrong thing and I feel as if communication is better done in person so there is no confusion when it comes to what i want.

Re: Custom Slipmats? [message #13405 is a reply to message #13378] Wed, 06 June 2007 11:23 Go to previous message
Master
Yeah it really does suck but most of the time there is nothing we can really do about it, ya know. Hopefully if the prices go up so does the quality but we all know how that goes.

Previous Topic: turntable
Next Topic: Av recievers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:02:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout