Home » Audio » Source » Technics SL-23 buzz
Technics SL-23 buzz [message #13290] Wed, 28 February 2007 21:15 Go to next message
Auntie is currently offline  Auntie
Esquire
I just purchased a used Technics SL-23 from craigslist, and there is an audible buzz when the turntable is connected to the receiver. Is this a problem with the built-in RCA cables, or grounding, or what? I know very little about turntables, so any info is much appreciated.

Re: Technics SL-23 buzz [message #13291 is a reply to message #13290] Wed, 28 February 2007 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Okay, I think I've figured out that it is a grounding issue...but here is a follow-up question:
I have an old receiver (from craigslist) with phono jacks, so there are no worries here. However, this turntable is a gift to someone with a more modern stereo system. Without knowing what they have, can you tell me if I will definitely need a pre-amp connector in order to properly connect this turntable to their system?

Re: Technics SL-23 buzz [message #13292 is a reply to message #13291] Thu, 01 March 2007 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Glad you found the ground. When I read your first post, I almost replied to tell you that but then read your second post. As to whether you'll need a phono preamp, if the receiver you're trying to connect to doesn't have a phono input, you will need a phono preamp.

Re: Technics SL-23 buzz [message #13293 is a reply to message #13292] Thu, 01 March 2007 14:15 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thanks!

Previous Topic: Autoreturns too soon
Next Topic: What a fun Saturday....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:59:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio