Home » Audio » Source » JVC L-A55 auto-return
JVC L-A55 auto-return [message #13216] Mon, 18 December 2006 15:00 Go to next message
clone17 is currently offline  clone17
Esquire
Hello, this is my first time on this board. I own a JVC L-A55, and I have a problem with the tonearm auto-return. It will return to the (spindle, I think its called?), and it wont go down, but will then then shoot back out and dangle, and sometimes scrapes the edge of the lp if I dont catch it. Does anyone know what causes that and is there a way to fix it??

Re: JVC L-A55 auto-return [message #13219 is a reply to message #13216] Fri, 22 December 2006 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

As with all mechanical things, parts wear out and break. Sounds like it's time for repair and/or replacement.

Re: JVC L-A55 auto-return [message #13277 is a reply to message #13216] Mon, 12 February 2007 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bo Stenhols is currently offline  Bo Stenhols
Esquire
I had the same problem until a few minutes ago! Do like this:

You can remove the 10? screws which hold the bottom. Lift this away. In the mechanism for the arm you can easly find the lever which push the arm back to the bracket it is resting on.
Can you see the black rubber piece which is pushing the arm? This has become sticky by age and holds the arm when it returns to start position. I fixed a piece of addesive paper tape (the sort which you use when painting)on the sticky surface and the PROBLEM IS SOLVED. IT WORKS!

Best regards
Bo from Leksand, Sweden

Re: JVC L-A55 auto-return [message #13326 is a reply to message #13277] Fri, 16 March 2007 06:37 Go to previous message
Wouter is currently offline  Wouter
Esquire
Brilliant, I tried it with my L-A11 and it does the trick. I used cellar tape (the non-sticky side

Cheers,
Wouter

Previous Topic: overhang
Next Topic: HELP!!! I'm missing a Mantovani LP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:31:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers