Home » xyzzy » Tower » Bluetooth Ugh
Bluetooth Ugh [message #97102] Thu, 26 October 2023 21:16 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, I'm not sure this should be here or elsewhere but...I had a rather frustrating time with bluetooth over the past two days. It even stumped the JBL and HP folks. I got a pair of JBL660NC phones to use on various gear. At $50 new (half price) it was a nice price. That was the easy part. They paired perfectly with my Pixel 7a and MS GO2 tablet. Then came the fun. When they paired with my HP OMEN PC they would only connect in voice mode. Two days of screwing with various settings, emails to JBL and Harmon. A lot of web searches (it does occur but none of the ideas would work). Finally I decided to uninstall the perfectly good drivers (according to Harmon) and replace them with new copies from Realtek (the bluetooth device). It still didn't work until I told the phones that they were the alternate source even though there was no primary one and no bluetooth enabled devices were on or nearby. Yikes. It seems that the HP bluetooth is really powerful and sensitive. It appeared that there was a bluetooth device somewhere in the area that was pirating the set up. I could not locate anything in the house that might do it as I have few wireless devices that might use BT. It might be my rooftop weather station even though it doesn't indicate it uses BT. Possibly a neighbors device. I can walk all over the house around corners and into all rooms and not lose the signal. Like I said the PC really delivers the BT signal. Now I just hope it keeps working. There is much to say for wires. BTW the phones actually sound very nice and well worth the price.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Bluetooth Ugh [message #97105 is a reply to message #97102] Fri, 27 October 2023 08:38 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That is frustrating, Bruce.

I think some of the best features of modern technology are also some of its worst features. They often try to do things automatically - which is convenient - but then sometimes does stuff you don't want or didn't expect. And the configuration "under the hood" is sometimes invisible and cannot even be exposed. So you have to guess what it's doing.

Ugh is right.
Previous Topic: Not sure I like automation
Next Topic: Perfectly legitimate place to waste time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:45:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers