Home » xyzzy » Tower » How does darkness impact mental health and well-being?
icon2.gif  How does darkness impact mental health and well-being? [message #96833] Thu, 06 July 2023 20:25 Go to next message
Adam-Jones is currently offline  Adam-Jones
Esquire
Why we live in darkness when we have a beautiful life?
Re: How does darkness impact mental health and well-being? [message #96834 is a reply to message #96833] Fri, 07 July 2023 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Greed and influence.
Re: How does darkness impact mental health and well-being? [message #96925 is a reply to message #96833] Sat, 19 August 2023 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noodle is currently offline  noodle
Viscount
Literal darkness? I actually feel more peppy when it's overcast as opposed to sunny and when it's night in general as opposed to day. I like shadowy indoor rooms, too.
Re: How does darkness impact mental health and well-being? [message #96926 is a reply to message #96925] Sat, 19 August 2023 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I read that about three million people in America suffer from seasonal affective disorder, making them slightly less optimistic and a little bit moody from early fall to spring every year. I think that figure may even be under-reported 'cause it seems almost normal to have a little more "pep in your step" in the summertime.
Re: How does darkness impact mental health and well-being? [message #96927 is a reply to message #96926] Sun, 20 August 2023 07:48 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Except when the dog days of summer drain all your invigoration away. Humidity in the upper 60's and heat index of 112 makes for cabin fever like the dead of winter. You just wear a lot less clothes. Can't wait for the leaves to turn now.
Previous Topic: Space is the place
Next Topic: TS hillary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:14:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout