Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Do "Top 10's" Matter Anymore?
Do "Top 10's" Matter Anymore? [message #96708] Tue, 16 May 2023 23:44 Go to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
I remember growing up listening to Casey Casem's top 10 to get a feel for what was popular and what I might buy at the record store. But with so many streaming platforms and digital media's taking over the scene, why even bother with top 10 lists anymore? There are so many artists with so many songs, and they all come and go so fast........what's the point?
Re: Do "Top 10's" Matter Anymore? [message #96709 is a reply to message #96708] Wed, 17 May 2023 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I hear you there brother. My age and interests for pop melodies has gone bye bye. Find most of it banal. Thrown together like so much as an AI algorithm. One thing about streaming though is the ability to find anything you do like.
Re: Do "Top 10's" Matter Anymore? [message #96711 is a reply to message #96708] Wed, 17 May 2023 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Yeah, I think Top 10 lists in music have worn out their welcome. I can't see any reason to follow them anymore. Maybe it's just a marketing tool now, I don't know.
Re: Do "Top 10's" Matter Anymore? [message #96719 is a reply to message #96708] Thu, 25 May 2023 04:54 Go to previous message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
It may still matter for the artists, but not much for the listener. You can pretty much listen to anything nowadays that I find ratings a blur now.
Previous Topic: Like to see?
Next Topic: Your favorite series this year
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:34:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout