Home » Audio » LSAF » Room Reservations for Event (Conference Rate)
Room Reservations for Event [message #96684] Tue, 09 May 2023 15:53 Go to next message
wsevans is currently offline  wsevans
Esquire
I know this is an outside chance but I spoke with Embassy Suites today (I booked just after the deadline) to see about getting the conference rate. They said the conference rate is full and rooms would need to be added. I am sure there is probably 0 chance of getting new rooms added to the block rate but thought it was worth at least asking.

Thanks, Sean
Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96685 is a reply to message #96684] Tue, 09 May 2023 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If they have no conference rooms left, then that is something that cannot be changed.

However, if you want to be an exhibitor, you can still book a room as long as the hotel isn't full. You just won't get the special $129.00 rate 'cause the May 2nd deadline has passed.

That's not a big deal, really, but what IS a big deal is that they add you to the LSAF exhibitor block. You must be added to the exhibitor group list. Why that is important is exhibitors are grouped together on the same floor(s).

So call 'em back and explain all that to them. Tell 'em you'll pay whatever rate they charge for a standard room but you want to be added to the group so you can be placed on the floor(s) with the rest of the LSAF exhibitors.

If you have any problems, write to me via email at info@lonestaraudiofest.com and I'll speak with them on your behalf.
Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96686 is a reply to message #96685] Tue, 09 May 2023 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks for the reply, makes sense

Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96729 is a reply to message #96686] Wed, 31 May 2023 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marvda1 is currently offline  marvda1
Esquire
@wsevans did you get the show rates on your room?
Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96730 is a reply to message #96729] Wed, 31 May 2023 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

He was too late to get the LSAF rate. Cutoff was May 2nd. We were hoping they might do him a solid and give him our rates, but I don't think they did. Not sure what his rate actually was.
Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96731 is a reply to message #96730] Wed, 31 May 2023 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marvda1 is currently offline  marvda1
Esquire
Since I have 2 nights at the show rate I call and see if they will let me have a 3rd night at the show rate.
Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96732 is a reply to message #96731] Wed, 31 May 2023 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Can't hurt to ask!

As an aside, we received three cartons of AudioXpress magazines today, so be sure and pick up a copy. They always run a half-page ad for us a few months before the show every year, and they send free magazines for everyone that attends.

And Norman Tracy wrote yesterday to say YouTuber Jason "The Audiophile Junkie" will be at LSAF 2023 providing coverage. So we'll have both E-Zine and YouTube coverage this year.
Re: Room Reservations for Event [message #96734 is a reply to message #96731] Wed, 31 May 2023 15:00 Go to previous message
Esquire
Related to this, I booked outside of the window and received rates of $176 for one night and $177 for the other.

Previous Topic: Jim Rivers
Next Topic: LSAF 2023
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:04:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout