Home » Audio » Craftsmen » How Big Is Your Shop?
How Big Is Your Shop? [message #96598] Tue, 04 April 2023 10:13 Go to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
For all you DIY'ers out there, how big is your workspace? I have close to 100 square feet (9.29 square meters) of shed that I do my work in, and that's good enough for me at this point.
Re: How Big Is Your Shop? [message #96601 is a reply to message #96598] Tue, 04 April 2023 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have an old garage built to accommodate a Model T to do woodworking cutting in, that has a narrow operating window between seasons to being either hotter n hell or colder than the brass balls on a goose. And a basement work table.
Re: How Big Is Your Shop? [message #96603 is a reply to message #96601] Tue, 04 April 2023 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I have both a garage (wood working and metal fab) and an electronic shop. Fairly small at 5X12 feet but enough for all the test gear and a suitable workspace.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: How Big Is Your Shop? [message #96605 is a reply to message #96603] Thu, 06 April 2023 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I didn't want to "chime in" here out of shame. Rolling Eyes

I've had houses in the past with plenty of space to work. An office with ample room to work on computers, a garage with ample room to work on cars and an external shop with plenty of room to work on speakers and store inventory.

But ever since moving to Arkansas, I've been super cramped to the point it has been difficult to work. I have a large home, but it's made to house lots of people, not lots of projects. It is a two-story house with five bedrooms and three bathrooms. Even two kitchens. And it has a space under the house for storage. But none of it is really setup for useful office or workspace areas.

I did this 'cause I had a bunch of kids but now only one remains in the home. Once he's moved out, I will build or buy a home that's setup more the way I want. I love the kids and have a great family. They were worth it. But I curse a lot at the unworkable room layouts I have to work with.
Re: How Big Is Your Shop? [message #96809 is a reply to message #96598] Sun, 25 June 2023 17:21 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Mine isn't that big. A shed that's 5 x 10 or so. I like tinkering and learning so that's all the room I need for now. Things could change though.
Previous Topic: What's in those things?
Next Topic: 1942 Ducati Radiogram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:26:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout