Home » Audio » General » Trusted testing
Trusted testing [message #96431] Fri, 24 February 2023 20:21 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Where do you guys go for information about audio equipment test results? I don't mean reviews. I can get those anywhere, and I don't usually trust them because they're full of shills. I'm looking for honest to goodness testing that is unbiased. My go-to source used to be Consumer Reports magazine, but they've really gone downhill these past few years. The magazine reads like a Buzzfeed post right now, rather than a well-regarded consumer protection journal. So, where do you turn to find out whether a battery powered speaker really lasts all day, or whether a TV really does have the clearest picture and is easy to install?
Re: Trusted testing [message #96435 is a reply to message #96431] Sat, 25 February 2023 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Crystal Ball reader maybe. Laughing Really no where I know of. I just like to be sure that anything costly I buy can be returned if it isn't what it is supposed to be.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Trusted testing [message #96436 is a reply to message #96435] Sat, 25 February 2023 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
This site was handy for me when I bought my last smart tv. https://www.rtings.com/tv
For audio I've just read what people say on audio sites. For vinyl and turntables, my go to is The Vinyl Engine. For high quality speakers. Right here, Pi Speakers. Audio forums are full of questionable information too. You just have to do some homework.
Re: Trusted testing [message #96440 is a reply to message #96436] Sun, 26 February 2023 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Rusty has a good suggestion. I think they're more on point when it comes to trialing TVs and other visual gear, but their audio stuff is okay. My only complaint is that they stick to modern, popular stuff. You won't find the obscure equipment or brands on there that many audiophiles crave.
Re: Trusted testing [message #96476 is a reply to message #96431] Sun, 05 March 2023 16:29 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Here is a list to go through: https://www.theinternationalman.com/hifi-media.php

Out of 40 options, you should find something that can help you. Many of those have been around for quite a few decades, so they should be reputable.
Previous Topic: Tonality of solid-core copper vs tinned copper speaker cables
Next Topic: LP sales Over Take CDs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:50:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout