Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Depopulating Countries
Re: Depopulating Countries [message #96662 is a reply to message #96657] Tue, 02 May 2023 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Why maps, why take notice? Of anything. Because we all live in this world. We need information, statistics, being aware of history and in general knowledge of what's going on in it. People historically leave countries because of difficult conditions, usually economic and political hardship. Which tend to go together hand in hand. Uprooting from your homeland indicates desperate condition going on there. A close example is the human herd of people leaving Central America, walking hundreds of miles to a political quagmire at the border of the US.

Problems are left to fester in this world until they become crises and political hot potatoes. Much of it stemming I feel from terrible economic policies imposed and conducted by governments.
Re: Depopulating Countries [message #96676 is a reply to message #96662] Fri, 05 May 2023 21:41 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I suspect that it is more pervasive than that. As both a population and as individuals we tend to put things off until there is either a crisis or something that must be done by a certain time. Folks call it procrastination on the individual level and several unprintable names associated with government when at a greater level. I fear it is getting worse on the macro scale. Climate, immigration, inflation and crime seem to be good examples at present.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: I Hate Ants
Next Topic: Changing The Government.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:11:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers