Home » Audio » Measurement » aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article
aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article [message #96350] Thu, 09 February 2023 17:44 Go to next message
grindstone is currently offline  grindstone
Baron
If anybody else (besides me) missed the IEC standard replacement articles, they're available now. My head hurts.

FWIW.

Part I
Part II
Re: aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article [message #96351 is a reply to message #96350] Thu, 09 February 2023 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

AudioXpress is awesome, isn't it?!!

Thanks for posting the link. https://audioroundtable.com/images/thumbs-up.gif
Re: aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article [message #96352 is a reply to message #96351] Thu, 09 February 2023 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
AX used to be more diy and less tech...especially in the "Glass Audio" days. The new editor is pushing it toward tech. That is fine if that's where they want to go....I previously had published 10 diy articles in AX. Last month I pulled what would be the 11th. They wanted a lot of changes to make it more techie. They seemed to want it aimed toward engineers and designers. It would no longer be what I would consider a diy article. IMO the diy community has different tastes and desires than the highly tech folks. Both are fine, just it seems that one more venue for diy has gone away. A sign of the times as it seems that diy is slowly being replaced by plug and play and esoteric design stuff. Both are extremes but I wonder if perhaps the general population is going to regret losing the ability to understand how things work which IMO is a big portion of what diy is about.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article [message #96355 is a reply to message #96352] Fri, 10 February 2023 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I've read that a local for me Glass alumni Bruce Rozenblit showcased his projects there back in the 90's. Seems like that magazine maybe "was" a springboard for enterprising entrepreneurs to dip their toes into before entering a higher challenge of the marketplace. Spawning the two Bruce's to make a go of it.
Most people and certainly me are curious observers to this technical discipline. But not having the fortitude to explore much further than, I can follow that plan and do it myself. Which for me and certainly others has been a nice rewarding means to an ends. Learning a little and great sound at bargain prices. It is then for me too sad that the magazine may be moving away from allowing a layman's approach section to a full very narrow peer discipline format. It's interesting to see all the developments going on in the audio field they show. But they could lighten it up a little for everyday Joes to check out something possible for them to try and copy. They might draw more revenue too.
Re: aX IEC 60268-5 replacement article [message #96361 is a reply to message #96350] Sat, 11 February 2023 15:39 Go to previous message
grindstone is currently offline  grindstone
Baron
I feel bad but have not been a subscriber or kept-up for years. As a guy who used to live for those TAA/GA/SB/aX issues to come-out and not sleep much the night they arrived, I'm saddened to hear that. Never met Ed, but my sense is he'd both be saddened and also adapt to find a way to keep a pilot light on for DIY'ers. World keeps moving (but it didn't seem to make my head hurt as much back then).
Previous Topic: Crossover slopes
Next Topic: PC SCOPE Concept
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:46:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout