Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2023
LSAF 2023 [message #96216] Sat, 03 December 2022 08:33 Go to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

We're about six months ahead of the regularly-scheduled LSAF date, so it's time to start planning. Thank goodness the coast is clear for the show this year!

We'll have a reservation link setup soon, and will post here when it's online.

Lookin' forward to seeing everyone in Dallas on the first weekend in June!

Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96320 is a reply to message #96216] Mon, 30 January 2023 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

Reservation link online!
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96453 is a reply to message #96216] Wed, 01 March 2023 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm starting to really look forward to LSAF 2023.

To tell the truth, I've been really busy and haven't paid much attention to the days ahead. But as we get closer and closer, I'm seeing a lot of new companies expressing interest in LSAF 2023 and booking their rooms. I must have already "met" a half-dozen new proprietors that have contacted me saying they've booked their rooms and asking me to upload their logos to the LSAF website.

So we may have a larger show than I expected. I thought we'd "lean-in slow" for the first show after the corona-weirdness. But it looks like maybe everyone is itchin' to get out and they're filling up the rooms.

Cool!
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96733 is a reply to message #96453] Wed, 31 May 2023 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Getting really close to LSAF 2023!

I'm bummed though - I can't attend this year - so I'm watchin' from the sidelines.

But Steven Solazzo and Norman Tracy are takin' care of business in my stead. They've always been an integral part of LSAF, and they're old hands at this deal. So if you need anything, please reach out to one of them.

We'll still post the exhibitor list with room numbers here, and follow up with pics.

By the way, we received three cartons of AudioXpress magazines today so I sent them to the hotel. Be sure and pick up a copy while you're there. AudioXpress always runs a half-page LSAF advertisement in issues prior to the show, and they send free magazines for everyone that attends.

And Norman Tracy wrote yesterday to say YouTuber Jason "The Audiophile Junkie" will be at LSAF 2023 providing coverage. So we'll have both E-Zine and YouTube coverage this year.
So exciting!!!
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96738 is a reply to message #96733] Thu, 01 June 2023 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

Everyone has been soooo ready for LSAF 2023. Some rooms are already manned, so Friday morning's opening should be quite a sight and sound! I'm already hearing lots of happy feedback about the new venue.

Exhibitors:
202			Audio Thesis
204			Danville Signal and Hollis Audio Labs
205			Austin Audioworks
207			Miller Audio LLC
209			Supreme Sound and Music
212			Semrad Audio
214			Uilleam Audio
215			Audio Crafter's Guild and PureArtFi
221			Infigo Audio and Rosso Fiorentino
222			JPorter Studios
223			Raven Audio
224			Stereo Clarity
225			Raven Audio
226			Pete Millett's DIY Audio, Apex Hifi, Arcturus and Landfall Systems
228			VanZyl Audio
230			Sadurni Acoustics
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96751 is a reply to message #96216] Sat, 03 June 2023 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, it's hard to sit here and think about all the fun at the show goin' on today.

Part of me wants to send text messages to the guys there, but I know they're busy, busy, busy. Not a single minute to spare. Room is filled with friends and fun. And great sound.

One minute, there's a guy or two, quietly listening to a CD or vinyl record album. The door is shut, just slightly cracked open by the door stop, but closed to keep the atrium sounds out. The host sits to the side, guests on the couch in the center. Beautiful music, just gorgeous.

Then a few minutes later, in comes a new visitor, drink in hand. And just as he gets settled, a couple wanders in. The husband is an audiophile, and has been to a few of these shows. He knows what they're all about. The wife, less so. But she has great ears, and silently notices just how wonderful it sounds. She doesn't engage with the host like her husband does, but when she gets home later, she will mention how great the sound was in the rooms. She grows a little more tolerant of husband's hobby and agrees that he should get that new piece of equipment he's been talking about getting for their home system.

They had come into the room halfway through the song, and initially stood behind the couch. But once the song is over, the first guests leave so the couple sits in their place on the couch. The new guests start asking questions of the host, and the room becomes more a technical discussion than a demo room. After a minute or two, the host realizes he needs to put on some new material, and queues up a song...

So, yeah, I won't bug my buddies with text messages asking how things are going. I know how they are going. https://audioroundtable.com/images/lil_smiley.gif

But I'm anxious to hear from them, and to see pics. We'll have those uploaded in a day or two.
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96753 is a reply to message #96216] Sat, 03 June 2023 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
I'm itchin' for some show coverage, too. It's killing me not being there this year.

There's a Youtube channel called The Audiophile Junkie and he's making videos at the show:

https://www.youtube.com/@AudiophileJunkie

Spending the day listening to 4 pi's and alternating with John Busch's Ultras. A small celebration of LSAF on the East Coast.
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96754 is a reply to message #96753] Sat, 03 June 2023 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, dude, that's cool. Lovin' it that you're making a little tribute to John Busch today. Perfect for LSAF weekend.
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96758 is a reply to message #96216] Mon, 05 June 2023 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I took some time to watch the "Audiophile Junkie" YouTube videos, and it looks like it was an awesome show!

Feedback from everyone was the venue was excellent and they're happy to have the show there again next year.

I know I loved the place when I was investigating new hotels for the show a couple years back, right before the covid lockdowns. After we narrowed down the best candidates, Kelly and I spent a weekend there. It impressed us as the best place to move the show. Glad to hear everyone had a good experience there!

More good news - they are renovating - so by LSAF 2024 it will be even better!

But back to LSAF 2023 - I will post photos from each room in another day or two, courtesy of Norman Tracy.
Re: LSAF 2023 [message #96759 is a reply to message #96758] Tue, 06 June 2023 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
HAL is currently offline  HAL
Esquire
Looking forward to reading comments on room 204 with HAL and Danville Signal. We had a lot of very positive feedback.
Previous Topic: Room Reservations for Event
Next Topic: LSAF 2024
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:29:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout