Home » Audio » Source » Radial Audio Stealth One Tonearm by Dean Slindee
Radial Audio Stealth One Tonearm by Dean Slindee [message #95957] Sun, 04 September 2022 17:43 Go to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
Back in 1971 I use to own but not any more a Rabco SL-8E tonearm. The Rabco was considered to be a great tonearm. Also Dean Slindee was modding the Rabco. The Rabco was always breaking down and went defunct. The Radial Audio expensive is a better version of the Rabco, See video at 4:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz2HMeZmou0
Re: Radial Audio Stealth One Tonearm by Dean Slindee [message #95963 is a reply to message #95957] Mon, 05 September 2022 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A great concept that was not paired with great engineering and quality control. The magnetic lev ones now popping up seem to have the same issues. As a long time user of turntables and having 6 at the last count I have done a bit of research into what works and how well it works. IMO there is much ado about the last little bit of tracking error in tone arms. I sense a really sharp law of declining value vs cost. Most decent arms now (not the mega buck ones) can do around 2 degrees max of tracking error. It sounds awful until you look at the whole system. That amount of error is about the same as the LPs being played. Some are much worse. There is also error in the mounting of the stylus in the cartridge which can sometimes be mitigated by use of precision test LPs and suitable oscilloscopes. Some folks claim they can do it by ear...I sure can't get it as close as the test gear. Then it falls back on the quality of the LP manufacturing process where consistency is not the rule. A nice kettle of fish for sure. Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Radial Audio Stealth One Tonearm by Dean Slindee [message #96617 is a reply to message #95957] Mon, 10 April 2023 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dervlin is currently offline  dervlin
Chancellor
That was a cool video. Sometimes when a product is mistakenly designed to fail, or even if you accidentally break something during normal use, it's possible to rig it back together. I've done that more than one. It might not be perfect, but it saves money in the long run.
Re: Radial Audio Stealth One Tonearm by Dean Slindee [message #96654 is a reply to message #95957] Tue, 02 May 2023 17:28 Go to previous message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
Back when I played cassette tapes, I would have to that. Kind of. The tape kept getting stuck in the heads and I would have to take the time to get it undone, then roll the tape back in to the cassette.

Then I discovered head cleaners. Laughing
Previous Topic: Safe to play?
Next Topic: Where do you typically buy your music?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:57:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio