Home » Audio » General » Modular construction preamplifier by Bruce Heran
Modular construction preamplifier by Bruce Heran [message #95956] Sun, 04 September 2022 17:18 Go to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
In July 2022 audioXpress by our own gofar99. Someday a solid state power amp by gofar99?
Re: Modular construction preamplifier by Bruce Heran [message #95958 is a reply to message #95956] Sun, 04 September 2022 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow! I need to check that out!

What say you, Bruce?!! I hadn't heard about this!
Re: Modular construction preamplifier by Bruce Heran [message #95962 is a reply to message #95958] Mon, 05 September 2022 14:02 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone. Well a long while ago I did sort of do that, a stereo power amp with "gain clone" ICs. It worked quite well. A simple sort of build. While really clean sounding it just wasn't the direction I was heading. I figure there are plenty of SS amps out there already, but relatively few tube based ones. More challenging as the sims don't always tell the whole story and there is both science and art involved. Sims can get you in the ball park, but tubes never got the memo and do surprising things. It is nice to see that someone actually reads the stuff I put in magazines. That one was I believe number 10. Two more in the works. One on refurbishing a Radio Shack H200 FM tuner from 1959 including building an external stereo decoder for it (alas with solid state components as the tube related ones use parts that are no longer available). The second a write up on the "Harmony One" all tube headphone amp. A lovely and versatile thing.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: System Outage
Next Topic: Not Able To Extract Audio From Video
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:35:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers