Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Stars we've lost
Stars we've lost [message #95872] Fri, 12 August 2022 16:56 Go to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Anne Heche passed away. The last I heard, she was in stable condition, so this is certainly news to me. Apparently, Heche was declared brain-dead, but was being kept alive on a ventilator in order to donate her organs as she had requested. Heche was such a brilliant actress. I loved her in Cedar Rapids and Wag the Dog. She had so much talent. She was still pretty young, too, at only 53.

Bob Saget, Betty White, Sidney Poitier - it's like celebs are dropping like flies lately and that's after the coronavirus explosion at that.
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95873 is a reply to message #95872] Fri, 12 August 2022 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Bummer .....heard about that this morning while she was still on life support.

Like you say tough year for celeb deaths.
Also Ray Liotta and Paul Sorvino of "Good fellas"
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95874 is a reply to message #95872] Fri, 12 August 2022 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I was really sad when Graeme Edge died last November. I saw him several times in concert, with the last time being just a couple years ago. It would have been lovely to see him again, my friend.

Late Lament

Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bedsitter people look back and lament
Another day's useless energy is spent
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one;
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey is yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

Re: Stars we've lost [message #95877 is a reply to message #95872] Fri, 12 August 2022 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Sad stuff for sure....but it's life.
We could start a thread celebrating older celebs that are still alive, but I'm afraid that would turn sad too, as they're not likely long for this world.

Some of my favorites are still alive- Gene Hackman, Clint Eastwood, Michael Caine....

Do any of you guys remember the movie "Blame it on Rio"?
Hilarious! Laughing
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95882 is a reply to message #95877] Sat, 13 August 2022 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porter is currently offline  Porter
Viscount
Clint Eastwood is still going strong. I used to think he had dementia, because he'd give convoluted talks that were so bizarre. I thought it was awful that his agents, publicist, and family, kept dragging him out. It looked like elder abuse. Then I realized that he's still acting and pulling in viewers, so that must not be the case. He sure has changed, though.

I didn't know that Graeme Edge had passed. How sad! He had amazing energy on stage. So who is left from the Moody Blues? Hayward and Lodge? I know that their flutist passed away in 2018. I've seen the Moody Blues in concert, and they gave a great performance.

The thing about Anne Heche is that she was under the influence when she wrecked, and her actions harmed innocent people. That's got to be hard for her family. I'm sure her estate will get sued. I can't imagine dealing with that on top of the grief.
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95885 is a reply to message #95882] Sat, 13 August 2022 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Hayward and Lodge are still alive.

I saw the Moodies in the 1980s and 1990s, when the whole band was present. I also saw them in the late 2000s or early 2010's - can't remember exactly - but it was after Thomas had died. That lineup included the trio Hayward, Edge and Lodge. A young lady stood in for Thomas, playing flute. A couple years ago, I went to concert with band members of Yes, Asia/ELP and the Moodies. Lodge was there. The group did songs of each of the bands. Not sure what Hayward is doing these days.
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95891 is a reply to message #95872] Mon, 15 August 2022 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Recently lost...how could we forget our beloved "James Caan"

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=3236&private=0
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95892 is a reply to message #95891] Mon, 15 August 2022 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

So true. I always liked that guy, and was impressed that he kept working all the way 'til the end.

One of my favorite roles he played was "Jonathan E." from "Rollerball." I always loved that film.
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95898 is a reply to message #95872] Tue, 16 August 2022 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Another that just recently slipped away-

RIP Lamont Dozier Sad
Re: Stars we've lost [message #95902 is a reply to message #95898] Wed, 17 August 2022 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Lamont Dozier and the Holland bros. was to Detroit soul, every bit the tunesmiths as Leiber & Stoller were to 50's pop rock. Just the pinnacle.

James Caan, a fine actor. Usually a tough guy, but with depth. I liked him as Mr. Henry in an indie movie called Bottle Rocket from the late 90's. Playing a tough guy and con man in a supporting role. But the movie would be nothin without him.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/james-caan-bottle-rocket-mr-henry-wes-anderson/
Previous Topic: Rick Springfield and Men at Work
Next Topic: Last great movie you watched?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:08:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio