Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Fivre 6SL7 tube - sound profile / recommendation / comparisons (... some new questions have shown up in regards to a pair of NOS 6SL7GT tubes from the Italian producer Fivre I've come across.)
Fivre 6SL7 tube - sound profile / recommendation / comparisons [message #95829] Wed, 13 July 2022 03:11 Go to next message
kasperbergholt is currently offline  kasperbergholt
Baron
Clever people,

Inspired by the excellent feedback (e.g. on the E80 CC tube having quite different
specs from the ECC82) the I got in this thread:

https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=23320&goto=94872&

and general recommendations for ECC82 tubes he:
https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=23320&goto=94872&

some new questions have shown up in regards to a pair of NOS 6SL7GT tubes from the Italian producer Fivre I've come across.

They're close to perfectly symmetrical, which I'm fond of, both across tubes & triodes, picked from Hungarian military stock.

I've tried learning more about Fivre's sound profile / characteristics, but information is sparse (especially in comparison to the usual suspects from Telefunken, Mullard, RCA, Sylvania, Siemens, Amperex, TungSol, etc.).

So I'm hoping to find some valuable insights / information here.

They'd be used in the preamp stage of my Audio Note P2SE amplifier.

Thanks in advance,

Kasper Begholt
Re: Fivre 6SL7 tube - sound profile / recommendation / comparisons [message #95831 is a reply to message #95829] Wed, 13 July 2022 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi I have not heard any of them so it may be interesting to see if anyone has some thoughts on them. I like to use NOS National Union and Sylvania made for the US Navy in the 1943-46 year range. My preferance is for the 12 volt versions as they lend themselves to my designs easier though.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Fivre 6SL7 tube - sound profile / recommendation / comparisons [message #95836 is a reply to message #95831] Thu, 14 July 2022 09:47 Go to previous message
kasperbergholt is currently offline  kasperbergholt
Baron
gofar99 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2022 21:16
Hi I have not heard any of them so it may be interesting to see if anyone has some thoughts on them. I like to use NOS National Union and Sylvania made for the US Navy in the 1943-46 year range. My preferance is for the 12 volt versions as they lend themselves to my designs easier though.
Thank you for the reply. NOS Sylvania tubes seem popular.

These are from 44-45
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174954323484?hash=item28bc171e1c:g:qToAAOSwW61hUHxb

Might be worth a try Smile
Previous Topic: The next big thing
Next Topic: What company logo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:49:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio