Home » Audio » General » Converting Audio to Text
Converting Audio to Text [message #95558] Mon, 25 April 2022 01:33 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
Do you know any software that does this best? I hope to do fewer edits on the file after converting the audio to text. Others I've encountered produce too many typos that I always had to review all of them. Doing that is time-consuming, so I got curious if there'd be better software or a website.
Re: Converting Audio to Text [message #95559 is a reply to message #95558] Mon, 25 April 2022 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Some voice recognition software is still kind of dicey like that, especially the open-source flavors. The oldest commercial software that became popular was Dragon Dictate, now known as Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It's pretty good, and there are others too. As I mentioned earlier, you can also get freely available open-source code, but that takes a lot more to get going. It doesn't sound to me like you want to fiddle much, so you probably want one of the proprietary "shrink wrapped" packages that you can buy.
Re: Converting Audio to Text [message #95607 is a reply to message #95559] Wed, 11 May 2022 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 25 April 2022 11:20

Some voice recognition software is still kind of dicey like that, especially the open-source flavors. The oldest commercial software that became popular was Dragon Dictate, now known as Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It's pretty good, and there are others too. As I mentioned earlier, you can also get freely available open-source code, but that takes a lot more to get going. It doesn't sound to me like you want to fiddle much, so you probably want one of the proprietary "shrink wrapped" packages that you can buy.
Thanks, Wayne! Yeah, I wouldn't want to spend a lot. I'll look into your suggestion because it's my first time hearing about it. The best freely available software is something I'll try to use.
Re: Converting Audio to Text [message #95637 is a reply to message #95558] Fri, 20 May 2022 08:51 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I've used Dragon, and it does the job, but I'll warn you that you have to spend a long time "training" the software to understand you correctly.
Previous Topic: Focusing on One Sound
Next Topic: Skype Audio Problems on my Phone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:52:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout