Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Unpleasant sound effects
Unpleasant sound effects [message #95549] Thu, 21 April 2022 23:13 Go to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Are there sound effects that make you cringe? Scratching a fork on the plate produces torturesome noise. It's the same with the sound where chalk runs across the blackboard. Are there worst sounds than these?
Re: Unpleasant sound effects [message #95550 is a reply to message #95549] Fri, 22 April 2022 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's only a gripe. But sounds in the vacuum of outer space. Rockets firing, explosions. There ain't no air there to transfer kinetic energy. I'm sure it's done only because of expectation. Only movie I can think got it right was Kubrick's 2001.
Re: Unpleasant sound effects [message #95601 is a reply to message #95549] Mon, 09 May 2022 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I hate to hear dogs barking, babies crying, or anything scraping against glass. I don't know why, but those sounds set my teeth on edge.
Re: Unpleasant sound effects [message #95658 is a reply to message #95549] Fri, 03 June 2022 02:45 Go to previous message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
It's not because of poor quality, but I'm not fond of hearing the sound effects of children or babies laughing. I find it creepy, and it stays with me that I end up imagining it after a movie. Sometimes, they're not even realistic and don't have that human touch to them.
Previous Topic: Earphone Recommendations?
Next Topic: The Case of the Dying Duck
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:56:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout