Home » Audio » Radio » The First REAL World War?
The First REAL World War? [message #95490] Tue, 05 April 2022 08:52 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
What are your thoughts on the capabilities of satellites, and how those are helping in the Ukraine war? We are seeing images that are disturbing to everyone, regardless of where we live, and this is what is making this a global war in almost every sense.

That's my takeaway, at least.
Re: The First REAL World War? [message #95494 is a reply to message #95490] Tue, 05 April 2022 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Communications, positioning and reconnaissance I think. Like any other technology since plowshares into swords, there's a use for benefit to people and for our warring, dominance nature. I find the realm of AI to be a concern for future conflicts. Where that will go seems the subject of sci-fi and horror. Which is why I've always admired the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still. The message from the interstellar Klatu and his robot arbiter lawman Gort was learn to co-exist and thrive peacefully or face annihilation from petty aggression.
Re: The First REAL World War? [message #95503 is a reply to message #95494] Tue, 05 April 2022 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Rusty wrote on Tue, 05 April 2022 10:11
I find the realm of AI to be a concern for future conflicts. Where that will go seems the subject of sci-fi and horror.
If it's realistic sci-fi, some country or company will do their best to incorporate it into real life.

The capabilities are as endless as the funding and brains behind it, which is why ethics need to play a HUGE role in this.

Just stream soft jazz worldwide through satellites and everything will be ok. Smile
Re: The First REAL World War? [message #95506 is a reply to message #95490] Wed, 06 April 2022 21:46 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I personally like some things satellites do....TV broadcasting, weather forecasting, long distance phone service (international esp), GPS. We had world wide wars before satellites...the only related thing they do is get the details to us sooner. They do make it harder to hide as your opponent will see what you are up to. As has been the history of mankind forever...we are the problem not the technology. From ancient times beating each other with club to the present day. We are just more efficient at being an aggressive species now. Crying or Very Sad

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: SiriusXM 3 month freebie
Next Topic: 1922 Westinghouse Aeriola
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 15 23:18:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers