Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Recommended Old Psychological Movies
Recommended Old Psychological Movies [message #95458] Thu, 31 March 2022 08:07 Go to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
I love thrillers and crime-related movies because it makes you think. The plots are often great, and it leaves you excited even without the thrilling sound effects. Care to share ones from the early 2000s?
Re: Recommended Old Psychological Movies [message #95459 is a reply to message #95458] Fri, 01 April 2022 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Early 2000's? Old? For me it's way before then. Tons of film noir from the 40's and 50's. Men with square jaws wearing hats and dames worth killing for. Hitchcock of course was a master of the psychological thrillers. Like Psycho! North by Northwest, The Birds. Many more.
But if it's post 2000 you want. There's some way offbeat psyco-sci-fi films that may interest you. Beyond the Black Rainbow is pretty damn weird and hard to figure what, why and how. And Under the Skin, is very freaky. Slow moving, but bizarre. And a Spanish film called Time Crimes will keep you wondering till the end.
Re: Recommended Old Psychological Movies [message #95472 is a reply to message #95458] Sun, 03 April 2022 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
You must be a fan of the genre, Rusty. I'm taking notes of those movies because I like what isn't mainstream. What is that one guy's name? M Night Shamalan? Or something like that? His stuff is out there. I like it.
Re: Recommended Old Psychological Movies [message #95475 is a reply to message #95472] Mon, 04 April 2022 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Here's one that just makes the cut for old movies. Made way back in 2000. Memento. The protagonist wakes up to realize he's got tattoo's all over him, that are messages to the mystery why he can't remember his past. From then on the movie moves backward from that point to the reason why he can't remember.

One more called The Witch. About a new world family in early America that gets banished from the safety of the colony where they stake claim to a parcel of land next to a forest that harbors unsavory spirts. The family descends slowly into madness and possession of the malevolent entity. The Director Robert Eggers like Shamalan has a penchant for psychological drama.
Re: Recommended Old Psychological Movies [message #95476 is a reply to message #95459] Mon, 04 April 2022 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Rusty wrote on Fri, 01 April 2022 10:41
Early 2000's? Old? For me it's way before then. Tons of film noir from the 40's and 50's. Men with square jaws wearing hats and dames worth killing for. Hitchcock of course was a master of the psychological thrillers. Like Psycho! North by Northwest, The Birds. Many more.
But if it's post 2000 you want. There's some way offbeat psyco-sci-fi films that may interest you. Beyond the Black Rainbow is pretty damn weird and hard to figure what, why and how. And Under the Skin, is very freaky. Slow moving, but bizarre. And a Spanish film called Time Crimes will keep you wondering till the end.
Those are plenty of movies that I haven't come across yet. Thanks, Rusty. My watchlist is suddenly filled now. I searched Beyond the Black Rainbow, and the trailer got me feeling high. Just from that, I understand you when you say it was weird.
Re: Recommended Old Psychological Movies [message #95481 is a reply to message #95458] Mon, 04 April 2022 22:04 Go to previous message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
When did those Liam Nissan movies come out? The plotline of saving his daughter? Movies like that and the Bourne thrillers are my favorite types.
Previous Topic: Youtube vs. Spotify?
Next Topic: Binaural Beats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:49:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout