Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Older 4 Pi speakers
Older 4 Pi speakers [message #95450] Mon, 28 March 2022 10:10 Go to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Hi Wayne and friends.
I recently gave a friend a bunch of stuff that was unused from an old Pi4 pair of speakers. These were based on Eminence Delta 15" drivers, and used Eminence crossovers with the lights. They also had an added cable for compatibility to PI design. This is really a blast from the past.

Here's the problem. I don't have the design sheets anymore. Did anybody save theirs? Any help is appreciated.
Steve
Re: Older 4 Pi speakers [message #95451 is a reply to message #95450] Mon, 28 March 2022 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You must be talkin' about the old Theater Series four Pi model. It was one of the most popular. I'll see if I can't dig up the plans.

For bonus points, modify that old design by upgrading the HF section to match the newer models. Install an H290C waveguide and use the tweeter section of the current crossover, using the same R1/R2 values as you have now. The crossover is almost the same as it was back then, so only minimal changes are needed.
Re: Older 4 Pi speakers [message #95452 is a reply to message #95451] Mon, 28 March 2022 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Thanks Wayne. Yes, I remember it was the Theater 4 model. I had the drivers, the Eminence crossovers, heck I even cut the wood for the boxes. I was moving and gave it all to a friend. He's had them for years, and now wants to finish the build. I doubt he's interested in upgrading the speakers. I live 1800 miles away from him, and he has no tech ability. LOL this should be interesting.
Steve
Re: Older 4 Pi speakers [message #95453 is a reply to message #95452] Mon, 28 March 2022 12:20 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Tell your friend they're great speakers. BIG, but for the money, which is minimal one of the true bargains in audio. I've used mine for decades now. They rather quenched my desire yearning for something "better".
Previous Topic: 3 Pi plan request
Next Topic: 8 years later
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:08:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout