Home » Audio » General » Musical Instrument Museums
Musical Instrument Museums [message #95411] Mon, 21 March 2022 20:28 Go to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Do you have one near to where you live? I know there are probably virtual tours of these museums online, but I just wanted to see how prevalent they are.
Re: Musical Instrument Museums [message #95414 is a reply to message #95411] Mon, 21 March 2022 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Not that I know of. To be honest, I never knew it was a thing.

I'll have to look into that. I would love to see a stringed instrument from the 1500s or so.
Re: Musical Instrument Museums [message #95419 is a reply to message #95414] Tue, 22 March 2022 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think the R&R Museum would have quite a few performers instruments on display. Betcha guitars would predominate. There's a local jazz museum where I live that has instruments on display. Thus saxophones dominate naturally.
Re: Musical Instrument Museums [message #95430 is a reply to message #95411] Wed, 23 March 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Instruments? No. Players and styles? Yes. I need to check it out. Maybe I'll do a mini-review if it's open, and I manage to get in.
Re: Musical Instrument Museums [message #95525 is a reply to message #95411] Sat, 16 April 2022 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I haven't gone to one, but I would have so much respect for those instruments. As we all know, not everyone will have the courage to pursue the music industry because they'd think there's no sure money there. So musical instruments that have been preserved for a long time would be meaningful.
Re: Musical Instrument Museums [message #95527 is a reply to message #95525] Sat, 16 April 2022 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
As the great blues performer John Lee Hooker sang in his song Boogie Chillin'. One night I was layin' down. I heard mama and papa talkin'. I heard papa tell mama, let that boy boogie-woogie. It's in him and it got to come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4pp02_GN9A

That's why they do it. Fame or obscurity. The museums just chronical it. Always an interesting story though.

Re: Musical Instrument Museums [message #95533 is a reply to message #95411] Sun, 17 April 2022 21:29 Go to previous message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Part of me thinks that it's a waste to have those instruments displayed because no one will be allowed to play them anymore. They would have to be preserved, but they lose their essence as an instrument in that sense.
Previous Topic: Spotify Or You Tube
Next Topic: Right age for music lessons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:49:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout