Home » Audio » Source » Magnepa Unitrac I Tonearm kicks Arse!
Magnepa Unitrac I Tonearm kicks Arse! [message #13073] Fri, 08 September 2006 19:47 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I just won a Magnepan Unitrac I tonearm based on the advice of a poster on vinyl engine. While dicussing how much I enjoyed the Black Widow, He piped up that he had one, but had another reasonable priced arm that smoked it hard. Being somewhat put off, I inquired what this miracle arm was, and then sought one out..Damned if he wasnt right! This thing is dynamite and easily the best arm I have personally owned.

Russellc

Re: Magnepa Unitrac I Tonearm kicks Arse! [message #13075 is a reply to message #13073] Sat, 09 September 2006 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good find Russell; unitrack arms are the best all round design in my Humble Opinion. I owned a Grado arm in the eighties that I wished I had kept. Unitrack. Next arm; a Moerch.

Re: Magnepa Unitrac I Tonearm kicks Arse! [message #13076 is a reply to message #13075] Sat, 09 September 2006 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Same here, as to the Moerch anyway. Just turned one down for 406.00, only because it had the heavy tonearm, so I would have to replace it, was missing a few odds and ends, and was the older one where the arm holder is a seperate piece requiring a hole drilled in the plinth, which might not be the best idea with a sprung table. also lost out on an auction for a DP 6...winning bid, just over 700 with my esnipe set a few bucks short. I already have a co polymer subchassis from Merrill/Scillia cut for a Moerch. I WILL FIND ONE YET!

Russellc

Re: Magnepa Unitrac I Tonearm kicks Arse! [message #13078 is a reply to message #13076] Sat, 09 September 2006 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for the tip. I'm thinking of upgrading my turntable; Was thinking of a VPI. I might want to check out this tone arm.

Re: Magnepa Unitrac I Tonearm kicks Arse! [message #13079 is a reply to message #13078] Sun, 10 September 2006 03:23 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
As you have probably already figured out, its a Magnepan, not a magnepa.
At least I got the Unitrac part right.

Russellc

Previous Topic: Just got my SME arm back from re-wire. Hubba Hubba!
Next Topic: turntable buzz (grounding)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 21:11:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout