Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Practicing while lying down
Practicing while lying down [message #95114] Sun, 23 January 2022 14:47 Go to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Despite being a musician for years, I've never seen anyone play their instrument while lying on their back, until today. Apparently, violinists sometimes practice on their backs in order to alleviate the strain on their necks and shoulders. This is the only photo I could find on the web. It's pretty neat.

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2990&private=0
  • Attachment: Violinist.png
    (Size: 289.06KB, Downloaded 180 times)
Re: Practicing while lying down [message #95222 is a reply to message #95114] Mon, 07 February 2022 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
What, you mean you've never flopped on your back to play your guitar? To tell you the truth, I can't say that I've ever heard of it either, but maybe that's because I don't play an instrument that's amenable to that.
Re: Practicing while lying down [message #95432 is a reply to message #95114] Thu, 24 March 2022 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Although I'm not an instrumentalist, I enjoy learning little facts like that, so thanks for sharing. You never know when it might come in handy.
Re: Practicing while lying down [message #95464 is a reply to message #95114] Fri, 01 April 2022 23:24 Go to previous message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
Playing instruments while lying on your back is something that hasn't crossed my mind. I'm not that surprised, though, since violins aren't that heavy. It could also be beneficial when you need to relax.
Previous Topic: New To The Scene
Next Topic: Earphone Recommendations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:35:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout