Home » Audio » General » Speech In Noise Test
Speech In Noise Test [message #95112] Sun, 23 January 2022 13:02 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I found a reason to buy earbuds for my laptop:

https://www.hear-it.org/Online-Hearing-Test

There is no cost of admission here and it's a good thing to do a few times a year.

End PSA. Smile
Re: Speech In Noise Test [message #95138 is a reply to message #95112] Thu, 27 January 2022 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I haven't been to an audiologist since I needed to take a physical for work, so thanks for the share. Time to see if I've done any damage with all that drum playing.
Re: Speech In Noise Test [message #95181 is a reply to message #95112] Thu, 03 February 2022 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Interesting! I go for a hearing test at least once a year. I was hit in the ear back in 1998. I lost partial hearing for a while, it's only getting worse as I age. I would love to track it on my own though - so I will try this out.
Re: Speech In Noise Test [message #95205 is a reply to message #95112] Sun, 06 February 2022 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Manufacturing facilities used to bring mobile hearing test vehicles, the size and shape of RV's, out to their facilities back in the day. Do they still do that?

This is a good alternative though, thanks for sharing.
Re: Speech In Noise Test [message #95215 is a reply to message #95112] Mon, 07 February 2022 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I'm sure they do. It has to do with the employer's insurance and liability. They don't want to get sued if someone's hearing is damaged as a result of the work they do, and this is a precaution against that.
Re: Speech In Noise Test [message #95239 is a reply to message #95112] Fri, 11 February 2022 21:09 Go to previous message
Silver is currently offline  Silver
Viscount
It's amazing how many pies insurance companies have their fingers in when you think about it. Kind of like lawyers. There has even been talk a few years ago of making people take out liability insurance on guns they buy. Something else that can damage your hearing if you're not careful.
Previous Topic: Haynes Advent Calendar Radio
Next Topic: Recording Silence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:02:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout