Home » Audio » General » Remastered Music
Re: Remastered Music [message #96121 is a reply to message #96093] Fri, 28 October 2022 11:33 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I know some of the contemporary reissues of say the reggae genre I can pin down to one label, VP, as doing lousy loudness wars mixing to their vinyl. And I've sent stuff back from them that I found unlistenable. Fortunately the distributor, Millions of Records, is a trustworthy source. And acknowledged this problem from that label. Other times I've had issues with other labels and weird anomalies with their reissues. Back they go, or with my source mentioned they refund and just said, keep it, don't worry about sending it back. Nice gesture I think.

I've done one supposed audiophile remastered, heavy-g'd record that I found over rated and priced that has tempered my going that route again for vinyl. But, since half-speed being mentioned I have a notion to try one that is reasonably priced to hear if that makes a positive impression on me. My Jazz labels have been about the most consistent with quality from what ever decade they were produced.
Previous Topic: Not Able To Extract Audio From Video
Next Topic: Happy Halloween!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:08:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout