Home » Audio » General » Bus Stop Music
Bus Stop Music [message #94934] Thu, 16 December 2021 18:52 Go to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
In the spirit of customer service, would soothing music at a bus stop be appreciated by the bus riders? The speakers and Bluetooth connectivity would be set up and maintained by whatever transit authority the city has.
Re: Bus Stop Music [message #94951 is a reply to message #94934] Sat, 18 December 2021 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
I think it would. Although I personally always walk around with my headphones and my music on. But I think it would be a good idea.
Re: Bus Stop Music [message #94978 is a reply to message #94934] Mon, 20 December 2021 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
It's a novel idea, but what about vandalism? Unless they can protect the speakers from being damaged, I don't see any city trying it. That, and they won't get any money back from the money they spend.
Re: Bus Stop Music [message #95042 is a reply to message #94934] Wed, 05 January 2022 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I think it would be a great idea but who would pick the style of music? Maybe every hour change the style, or something like that. I agree with the other people here in that they would have a hard time protecting it.
Re: Bus Stop Music [message #95110 is a reply to message #95042] Sun, 23 January 2022 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Mica wrote on Wed, 05 January 2022 15:28
I think it would be a great idea but who would pick the style of music?
Let the riders pick it. Make a site where people can go to make suggestions. I don't know how the connectivity would work though. All the bus stops are on the same "channel"? Different channels per zip code?

We'll have to work out the details of that.
Re: Bus Stop Music [message #95366 is a reply to message #94934] Thu, 10 March 2022 22:46 Go to previous message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
It's a good idea for relaxation, and I think it will provide a decent vibe for anyone waiting for the bus. I bet not everyone will have earphones going out, so having some music for the public would be great.
Previous Topic: Recording Silence
Next Topic: Morals Anyone?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:21:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout