Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Nightmare Alley
Nightmare Alley [message #94868] Mon, 06 December 2021 10:03 Go to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
It's got Oscar potential they say. I've liked the movies that the director Guillermo del Toro has made. This looks like a creepy psychological noir type of film. Right up my alley.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7740496/
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #94871 is a reply to message #94868] Tue, 07 December 2021 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LCallan is currently offline  LCallan
Baron
I've heard that it's already out in some areas, like New York City, but it won't be in my neck of the woods until the 17th. I love Cate Blanchett and Bradley Cooper, so I'm really looking forward to this one. At least this movie sounds different from the same old stuff that movie studios keep putting out. I've seen enough remakes and hero movies to last for a lifetime.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #94874 is a reply to message #94868] Wed, 08 December 2021 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
That looks like a great movie. I'm an X-Files junkie and I love the Law and Order shows and this sounds like a cross of those.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95038 is a reply to message #94868] Wed, 05 January 2022 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Awesome! I love these types of movies/television shows. It does look creepy, but I love movies that freak me out, make me think and keep me awake. I don't know the writer. I will add it to my must-see list.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95045 is a reply to message #95038] Wed, 05 January 2022 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Did you go see it, Rusty? I did, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The show kept me guessing, and I felt immersed in each story, but I wish it had a different ending. What did you think?
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95048 is a reply to message #95045] Thu, 06 January 2022 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I haven't been. With this Omicron variant being so easy to catch. I avoid those odds. Actually, I haven't been out to a movie in years now.
The critics sort of panned the movie. Saying it was too long and other nit picking they're prone to do. Good to hear you generally liked it. I've felt that way with other movies with their ending. Like No Country For Old Men. It just sort of pulled the rug out under you. Left you shrugging your shoulders. Otherwise a great movie.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95052 is a reply to message #94868] Thu, 06 January 2022 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I did go see this and I thought it was good, not great. I was not impressed with the ending either. Any movie thar has a bad ending leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wonder if these writers know that their endings stink.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95071 is a reply to message #95048] Tue, 11 January 2022 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Rusty wrote on Thu, 06 January 2022 08:06
I haven't been. With this Omicron variant being so easy to catch. I avoid those odds. Actually, I haven't been out to a movie in years now.
Our drive-in theater was open through Jan. 1st, which was very nice. It's too bad that you don't live near one. The show wasn't the best, but being able to get out and see a movie made a real difference.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95073 is a reply to message #95071] Wed, 12 January 2022 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Not too many drive-ins left. They used to have heaters to mount on your window like the speakers. Do they do that where you live? Guess the movie wasn't one of the director's greater offerings. Pan's Labyrinth was my favorite.
Re: Nightmare Alley [message #95091 is a reply to message #95073] Tue, 18 January 2022 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
I don't live in a particularly hot climate, but it was still in the 70s here in December. It didn't get cold until last weekend. I've never seen Pan's Labyrinth, but it sounds interesting. I'll give it a look if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Previous Topic: Vintage Records
Next Topic: Sitcoms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:14:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout