Home » Audio » Home Theater » I want to convert my basement
I want to convert my basement [message #94863] Mon, 06 December 2021 03:44 Go to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
I would like to turn my basement into an entertainment room, so that I can use it both for gaming and also to watch movies etc., but I am not sure what kind of budget I should be looking at? Does anyone have any idea of how I can do this without breaking the bank?
Re: I want to convert my basement [message #94866 is a reply to message #94863] Mon, 06 December 2021 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If your basement has all concrete walls, you will definitely want to invest in some room treatments. I would line the walls with panel absorbers. Otherwise, you'll have worst-case room modes and lots of MF and HF reflections too. The acoustics in a basement are often really bad. But you can make it right - it's just that it isn't right unless you make it right if you're surrounded by concrete.
Re: I want to convert my basement [message #94933 is a reply to message #94863] Thu, 16 December 2021 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Well, if you're on a budget and have tons of record albums, here's an idea. Build shelving units to specifically hold record albums. Make enough units to store enough albums to make a difference.
Re: I want to convert my basement [message #94940 is a reply to message #94863] Fri, 17 December 2021 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
The budget will depend on what kind of stuff you would want to have/build in your entertainment room. Maybe you could give us more information about it?
Re: I want to convert my basement [message #95008 is a reply to message #94863] Mon, 27 December 2021 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
What does your basement look like? What is it made of? I would say you have to fix your walls first (so the music sounds good coming off from them).
A gaming room would be easier and cheaper.
Re: I want to convert my basement [message #95577 is a reply to message #94863] Mon, 02 May 2022 00:34 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Consider the gadgets you're planning on buying aside from the adjustments you'll be needing for the room. Will you be getting a new smart TV or a projector? Because choosing between one over the other will either increase or decrease your expenses.
Previous Topic: Good enough smart TV
Next Topic: Furniture with built-in speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:25:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout