Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Sound Production in the Rain
Sound Production in the Rain [message #94707] Thu, 28 October 2021 21:43 Go to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Voice recording must be hard when done in the rain when filming. The sounds of the water can overpower the voice and hinder the actors/actresses from getting the message across to their audience. Is there any audio equipment designed for when doing production in the rain?
Re: Sound Production in the Rain [message #95201 is a reply to message #94707] Sun, 06 February 2022 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I think your best bet would be to get underneath something that will gently break the rain's trajectory, like a leafy tree. Unless there's a torrential downpour, you should be okay.
Re: Sound Production in the Rain [message #95277 is a reply to message #94707] Mon, 21 February 2022 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
It's been a while since I've tried it, but I remember using plastic bags and tarps. I was more worried about protecting my equipment than the sound quality, though.
Re: Sound Production in the Rain [message #95286 is a reply to message #95277] Tue, 22 February 2022 10:15 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
They can always dub in the vocals, and probably do for too much noise interference.
Previous Topic: Guitar for tweens
Next Topic: New To The Scene
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:30:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout