Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Trend of Squid Game
The Trend of Squid Game [message #94572] Fri, 08 October 2021 00:55 Go to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I only got intrigued to watch this series because I kept seeing it on Social media. I came to like it because of the emotional impact of the deaths. It showed a lot about the current state of our society too. There were a lot of dilemmas, and tough decisions were inevitable. Have you watched this series too? What's your take on it?
Re: The Trend of Squid Game [message #94603 is a reply to message #94572] Sun, 10 October 2021 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
Even before watching it, there were already too many spoilers because of its popularity. However, I've also seen some articles saying that its theme is similar to previous films made before.
Re: The Trend of Squid Game [message #94629 is a reply to message #94572] Mon, 18 October 2021 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Yep, a new take on an old storyline. Hollywood has a severe lack of imagination. Some people don't mind watching things like this, and that's ok.
Re: The Trend of Squid Game [message #94685 is a reply to message #94572] Mon, 25 October 2021 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
It seems to be the new show on Netflix that everyone is talking about. Are you guys fans? The show's premise sounds spectacular for Halloween. I can't say that I've seen it, though.
Re: The Trend of Squid Game [message #94691 is a reply to message #94572] Wed, 27 October 2021 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
I haven't watched it but seeing that its theme is similar to many previous shows makes me think it's only your usual survival game film. It may have gained popularity because of the Korean wave and with the help of the platform.
Re: The Trend of Squid Game [message #94710 is a reply to message #94572] Fri, 29 October 2021 10:07 Go to previous message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Thanks to all the spoilers, I ended up not bothering to watch it. The plot twists could have been great. Although, all respect to the writer for the sacrifices he made for that show to work. There were a lot of articles about his effort because of the film's popularity.
Previous Topic: Networks
Next Topic: Sam Kim and Kwon Jin Ah Jam Session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:41:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout