Home » Audio » General » Music In Therapy
Music In Therapy [message #94672] Sun, 24 October 2021 07:11 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Long strides have been made in understanding how music can be beneficial to the psychological and emotional well-being in people. Physical therapists are catching on to this through the work of musical therapists. It is a growing field, so if you love music, like helping people and are trying to find your stride in the workforce......this would be a great field to look into.

If you have a loved one receiving care from physical therapists, ask the facility where they are if they participate in musical therapy. If they do, that's great. If they don't, it never hurts to let them know of this option.

https://www.musictherapy.org
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94680 is a reply to message #94672] Sun, 24 October 2021 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Even grazing cows dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IypL_EcI9XE
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94692 is a reply to message #94672] Wed, 27 October 2021 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Glad to hear that music is being used in therapy because it does a lot in helping your average healthy person cope with day-to-day stress. In this setup, people who need it the most can maximize music's benefits with the help of professionals.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94725 is a reply to message #94680] Sun, 31 October 2021 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Rusty wrote on Sun, 24 October 2021 12:58
Even grazing cows dig it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IypL_EcI9XE
That is wild. Laughing

Never knew that was a thing. Wonder what it is about accordion music?

Someone needs to get a multi-million dollar govt. contract to study this.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94783 is a reply to message #94672] Fri, 12 November 2021 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
I think I've been doing some unofficial therapy with music for a while now. I'm always with it in highs and lows. It's a comforting background that occupies my mind. I also find reassurance listening to it.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94929 is a reply to message #94672] Thu, 16 December 2021 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AcousticJack is currently offline  AcousticJack
Chancellor
I love therapy music and meditation music. It is so calming and soothing. There is a reason people use that kind of music in guided meditations. I know a lot of people who make good money in this niche.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94952 is a reply to message #94672] Sat, 18 December 2021 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Echo is currently offline  Echo
Chancellor
I haven't heard about using music in therapy, although it doesn't surprise me that it would be highly beneficial. But I did read about the use of binaural beats and they seem to help a lot of people.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94984 is a reply to message #94672] Tue, 21 December 2021 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
Grazing cows love music too - now that is pretty cool.

Yeah, I have a cousin who is a musical therapist. She said you wouldn't believe how well it works. It totally makes sense to me. Music can change your mood (either happy, sad, good or bad) with just one song.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #94987 is a reply to message #94672] Wed, 22 December 2021 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
And your mood can help dictate how well and fast your body heals. The power of music is incredible when you think about it. The effects are subtle, but unmistakable if you're paying attention.
Re: Music In Therapy [message #95111 is a reply to message #94987] Sun, 23 January 2022 12:58 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Csharp wrote on Wed, 22 December 2021 21:49
And your mood can help dictate how well and fast your body heals. The power of music is incredible when you think about it. The effects are subtle, but unmistakable if you're paying attention.
Who has time for that nonsense? How does music help me make money? Climb that ladder? Art is useless and overrated. /sarcasm Laughing

But seriously, good things can be realized, and happen, when science and medicine shake hands and get along.

Progress.

Previous Topic: Anyone snag a good AV deal?
Next Topic: Haynes Advent Calendar Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:20:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout