Home » Audio » Source » Thank You Wayne!
Re: warranty [message #13013 is a reply to message #13012] Sun, 23 July 2006 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Well, I'll try to find some paint here in town this week.

I probably won't add the C4S boards until I have the unit working stock. I'll go ahead and build them, but wait till the Seduction is working fine and I get a feel for it's sound. Remember that I'm running a POS TT to start with so I'm not expecting much.

In fact, I just hooked the TT up for the first time a couple of minutes ago and am running it through my old Kenwood integrated. It doesn't sound half bad (good as my 1st generation CDP I run through that amp). My aunt said the stylus on the TT probably only had a couple dozen albums played on it before it was packed away. She got it right as CDP's came out and immediately switched. I'm gonna go ahead and replace it though.

Re: warranty [message #13015 is a reply to message #13013] Sun, 23 July 2006 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
O'Kay but I will say that once it is built it becomes more difficult to add and change things. Not that it can't be done safely but It is little more involved.
This phono stage needs a good cart up front; it rises to the level of the input and will sound very much better the better stuff you use. If I may I think for the cheaper carts; AT is the best bet. 60$ ought to get you there.

Carts [message #13016 is a reply to message #13015] Sun, 23 July 2006 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
After talking with the BH guys it looks like it would be an easy swap out. Just a couple of resistors basically to remove in order to install the C4S board.

Thanks for the cart suggestion. The TT I have takes the damn P-mounts so I'm limited there to just a few brands. It has an AT model AT112EP on there now.

Re:Get it powder coated [message #13017 is a reply to message #13002] Sun, 23 July 2006 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have a local coater and you do, too. Check the yellow pages. Mine quoted $35 for a 10x17 plate, black, both sides.Toughest finish you can get.

Re:Get it powder coated [message #13020 is a reply to message #13017] Wed, 26 July 2006 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'll check into it. I figure it's probably cost $25 just to paint the top plate with auto touch up paint.

Re: Carts [message #13023 is a reply to message #13016] Fri, 28 July 2006 21:02 Go to previous message
Paul C. is currently offline  Paul C.
Master
P-mounts... there are some good possibilities here.

I like Shures, and have an older Radio Shack/Shure RXT6. This is RS's version of the Shure M111E. This was one step down from the V15 series and an excellent cartidge. It uses the N111E (and some others) stylus that has the "dynamic stabilizer" (brush).

Ed Saunders has a used RXT6 and used M105E (same) with new replacement stylii right now, he has one of each.

You can also look for a MP94E, which is the P mount version of the M94E. It is out of production, but not long. You may still find them occasionally.

And there is the lowly M92E. You could save the stylus that comes with it as a backup and sub a better one such as the M97xE, which fits and works. Ed Saunders will have some N111E replacements ($50)in a few days, complete with brush stabilizer, and has some N97EJ replacements now ($30).

Other sylii that work in the Shure M92e, M94E, M105E, M111E, M111HE, and RS RXT5, RXT6 are: N92E, N94E, N97ED, N97EJ, N105E, N111E, N97xE. So there is a range of stylii you can use.

So, you can find a N92E as low as $25, and plug in the N111E, N97ED, or N97xE, which you can buy for about $50.

Previous Topic: Crossfader question
Next Topic: very low volume comes from the turntable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 00:55:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout