Home » Audio » General » Singing to Relax
Singing to Relax [message #94445] Sat, 18 September 2021 07:45 Go to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I noticed that I would randomly sing during stressful days. Even though I don't sound that good, it makes me feel better. It contradicts the thought saying listening to good music would cheer us up. On some days, maybe we don't need good music, since producing our own can help too. When do you find yourself singing, if not humming?
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94446 is a reply to message #94445] Sat, 18 September 2021 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
All the time. I always seem to have a tune looping around in my head. Years and years ago I was at a banking drivethru and I was I though unheard singing a little ditty by the Beatles. Dirty Maggy Mae. Over and over to myself I thought. I looked up to see all the goils in the drivethru cracking up laughing. I motioned a little bow or nod to them and completed my transaction.
Yeah, I'm always doing it. Can't help it.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94450 is a reply to message #94445] Sun, 19 September 2021 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Singing in the shower is a classic, and I think it's one of the reasons why I take a long time in the bath. I feel so carefree when doing it that I don't mind even if anyone hears me.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94472 is a reply to message #94445] Mon, 20 September 2021 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
I sing all the time! When I'm stressed at work, I crank up the music and sing. When I'm doing an extremely hard workout, I turn up the music and sing! I love to sing! I think singing certainly helps with stress and stressful situations.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94483 is a reply to message #94445] Wed, 22 September 2021 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
In my car while I'm driving the interstate. I'm paying too close attention in tbe city to distract myself, but once I'm out of town.......yeah.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94487 is a reply to message #94446] Thu, 23 September 2021 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Rusty wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 09:30
All the time. I always seem to have a tune looping around in my head. Years and years ago I was at a banking drivethru and I was I though unheard singing a little ditty by the Beatles. Dirty Maggy Mae. Over and over to myself I thought. I looked up to see all the goils in the drivethru cracking up laughing. I motioned a little bow or nod to them and completed my transaction.

I've experienced something similar. Like when I'm too focused, I'd sing mindlessly and wouldn't even notice it. It can get awkward for me when people are around, and I wouldn't really like that.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94708 is a reply to message #94445] Fri, 29 October 2021 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Yeah, I sing to relax if not talk to myself. Either of that is a big help when I'm stressed out. I sometimes sneak out to have some self-talk or sing because it's more effective than talking with people about my stress.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #94714 is a reply to message #94708] Fri, 29 October 2021 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
I guess that explains why so many people seem to do it, even those who can't carry a tune. I can't say that I've ever been in the habit of singing, humming, or whistling.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #95246 is a reply to message #94487] Wed, 16 February 2022 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Souldude wrote on Thu, 23 September 2021 02:48
Rusty wrote on Sat, 18 September 2021 09:30
I've experienced something similar. Like when I'm too focused, I'd sing mindlessly and wouldn't even notice it. It can get awkward for me when people are around, and I wouldn't really like that.
See I'm the exact opposite. I don't care who is around. Singing helps me destress and it makes me happier. If other people are around, so be it.
Re: Singing to Relax [message #95252 is a reply to message #94445] Thu, 17 February 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
I'm too self-conscious to let other people see me do that. I'll pick my nose while I'm driving, but not sing. lol

Karaoke is even out of the question.
Previous Topic: Favorite Food While Watching A Movie
Next Topic: Watch or Listen to a Podcast?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:29:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio