Home » Audio » General » Has Anyone Studied Us?
Has Anyone Studied Us? [message #94437] Wed, 15 September 2021 23:47 Go to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Does anyone know of any studies conducted that focus on the psychological well-being of audiophiles versus people who are not?

I was curious as to whether we fare better in this arena than our non-audiophile counterparts.
Re: Has Anyone Studied Us? [message #94443 is a reply to message #94437] Sat, 18 September 2021 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I haven't seen or read anything about that. Although when you think about it, maybe some audiophiles can be more bothered at times when they're not happy with what they're hearing.
Re: Has Anyone Studied Us? [message #94507 is a reply to message #94443] Sat, 25 September 2021 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I have a notion that if any such study were done. That audiophiles that build or do any kind of DIY would fare better being satisfied with their interest than the audiophile that is forever searching, buying gear and trying out questionable to downright fraudulent tweak accessories to give some sense of enhancement to their contentment of audio. Those type might be considered kind of neurotic or obsessive.
Re: Has Anyone Studied Us? [message #94509 is a reply to message #94437] Sun, 26 September 2021 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Rusty has a good point about those of us who are never satisfied.

Most audiophiles I know, however, are music aficionados, and people who enjoy the audio arts tend to be more "balanced".
Re: Has Anyone Studied Us? [message #94517 is a reply to message #94509] Sun, 26 September 2021 21:58 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I like to think I'm sane....but then I have so much gear (mostly diy) and lots of media I wonder on occasion. I am fairly sure my wife thinks I bonkers, but at least it is harmless. Laughing

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Noise pollution at home
Next Topic: Purchasing a Smart TV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:23:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers