Home » Audio » General » Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription?
Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription? [message #94406] Fri, 10 September 2021 00:06 Go to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
With transcription jobs, it's crucial to have good listening skills and the right amount of sound sensitivity. Audiophiles came to mind because of their love for high-quality sounds, which made me think if it also applies to transcribing words. Although music differs from recordings, both have an element of sound. What do you think?
Re: Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription? [message #94410 is a reply to message #94406] Sun, 12 September 2021 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I'm not sure if liking high-quality music would make someone good at listening to records. I think some Audiophiles wouldn't like transcription jobs because of their sound sensitivity. There might be less tolerance for inaudible sounds.
Re: Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription? [message #94413 is a reply to message #94410] Sun, 12 September 2021 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
With transcriptionists, I don't think it would be anymore different than anyone with decent hearing to pickup on various linguistic patterns presented to them. It's the acoustics of where they're listening, just like us music lovers in our homes. If you've ever been a jurist in a court room. You've experienced the transcriptionist asking for clarity by repeating some testimony. I don't think being an audiophile gives any edge. Probably less. A transcriptionist will gain experience in speech patterns and inflections that Mr. audiophile can't recognize casually .
Re: Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription? [message #94418 is a reply to message #94406] Mon, 13 September 2021 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
In my opinion, audiophiles may have a hard time with transcription because they listen differently to sounds. Their focus is on the quality and not on a record's clarity. They might notice an ugly tune without any problem but have a hard time understanding speeches with accents.
Re: Do Audiophiles do Better in Transcription? [message #94582 is a reply to message #94406] Fri, 08 October 2021 07:50 Go to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Anyone who's got enough training will do well on transcription. I don't think being an audiophile would matter since it mainly describes someone's sensitivity to high-quality music.
Previous Topic: How Music Affects Us
Next Topic: TV upgrades happen so fast
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:13:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout