Home » Audio » Measurement » Your go-to
Your go-to [message #94354] Fri, 03 September 2021 08:33 Go to next message
Trilling Me Softly is currently offline  Trilling Me Softly
Baron
What are your go-to measuring systems? I'm a hobbyist rather than a pro, so I just use FuzzMeasure Pro because it's fairly straightforward and easy to use. I haven't played around with anything else though and just wonder what you guys prefer.
Re: Your go-to [message #94356 is a reply to message #94354] Fri, 03 September 2021 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I use WTPro for development, mostly because of its ICD. I run it pseudo-anechoic.

I use LMS for measurements that I publish. I measure outdoors for measurements to be published.
Re: Your go-to [message #94361 is a reply to message #94356] Sat, 04 September 2021 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
I've used REW in the past. I settled on it because it's freeware and the other options can be pretty pricey, plus they have more bells and whistles than I'd ever need.
Re: Your go-to [message #94364 is a reply to message #94361] Sat, 04 September 2021 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I guess it depends on what I am measuring. For speaker systems I use RTA and a PC scope, sometimes I "cheat" and use the analysis section of a Behringer DEQ2496. For gear on the bench I have three different PC based scopes one stand alone scope and three different signal generators. Plenty of assorted meters, diy test fixtures. I also use a HP distortion analyzer when it is appropriate.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Your go-to [message #95152 is a reply to message #94354] Sun, 30 January 2022 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I borrowed a Viacoustics from a friend once after I moved into a new place, but I haven't used one since. I just don't have the need to buy one, but I would recommend that brand for others who do.
icon14.gif  Re: Your go-to [message #95175 is a reply to message #94354] Thu, 03 February 2022 10:46 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Thanks for the name drop. Amazing how many different companies sell so many different types of audio equipment, isn't it? Brand loyalty keeps things easier to do IMO.
Previous Topic: Erin's Audio Corner buys a $100k Klippel NFS
Next Topic: Measuring through earbuds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:37:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout