Home » Audio » Source » Which wire is used in Linn T-Kable (tonearm cable for Linn Akito tonearm)?
Which wire is used in Linn T-Kable (tonearm cable for Linn Akito tonearm)? [message #94313] Sun, 29 August 2021 13:50 Go to next message
bergholt is currently offline  bergholt
Esquire
Hi all,

Laste week I bought a used Linn Basik turntable with an Akito tonearm.

I'd like to upgrade the tonearm cable with a DIY / custom-made cable.

It's mentioned several places in this thread that Linn's own premium-end cable the T-Kable is based on wire from Mogami.

I've tried to find out which specific one it is, but hasn't succeeded. I hope someone here can help?

Thanks in advance, Kasper
Re: Which wire is used in Linn T-Kable (tonearm cable for Linn Akito tonearm)? [message #94314 is a reply to message #94313] Sun, 29 August 2021 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
If you haven't already. Check out and join the Vinyl Engine. Someone there would probably know exactly what your asking. This place is a nice source for tonearm wire also.
https://www.kabusa.com/wirewin.htm
Re: Which wire is used in Linn T-Kable (tonearm cable for Linn Akito tonearm)? [message #94323 is a reply to message #94314] Mon, 30 August 2021 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Rusty wrote on Sun, 29 August 2021 16:27
If you haven't already. Check out and join the Vinyl Engine. Someone there would probably know exactly what your asking.
Thank you for the tip. Smile

Will do right away and post back if I succeed in identifying it.
Re: Which wire is used in Linn T-Kable (tonearm cable for Linn Akito tonearm)? [message #94324 is a reply to message #94323] Mon, 30 August 2021 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I don't know about the Mogami although I use several of their types of wire. But I do like the Superflex from KAB. Easy to work with, high quality and as you might expect super flexible. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is a bit tough to strip. If you get it .....IMO get the version with pins attached. Saves a lot of time and makes for really nice connections at the cartridge.

+1 on joining vinylengine.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Which wire is used in Linn T-Kable (tonearm cable for Linn Akito tonearm)? [message #94333 is a reply to message #94324] Tue, 31 August 2021 11:59 Go to previous message
Esquire
gofar99 wrote on Mon, 30 August 2021 21:03
Hi, I don't know about the Mogami although I use several of their types of wire. But I do like the Superflex from KAB. Easy to work with, high quality and as you might expect super flexible. The biggest issue I have with it is that it is a bit tough to strip. If you get it .....IMO get the version with pins attached. Saves a lot of time and makes for really nice connections at the cartridge.

+1 on joining vinylengine.
Thanks for the input. I've joined the Vinylengine - there are sub-forums dedicated to Linn turntables & tonearms, so that will be valuable now.

I can see that the KAB superflex is a litz construction, which I've come across on research cables from British Audio Note. I think it's a good idea to get it with pins attached, as you suggest, it seems to be difficult without training (or the equipment) to 'burn off' the plastic insulation from the many individual strands.

Best,

Kasper
https://bergholt.net
Previous Topic: Sourcing old records and tapes
Next Topic: Digital Recorders Price Range and Quality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:06:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio