Home » Audio » General » Conductivity calculation for silver interconnect vs Conductivity calculation for Duelutinned copper
Conductivity calculation for silver interconnect vs Conductivity calculation for Duelutinned copper [message #94306] Thu, 26 August 2021 04:36
kasperbergholt is currently offline  kasperbergholt
Baron
Hi all,

I've used Duelund wires for speaker cables for years. A couple of months agso, I had a set of unshielded interconnects made.

These are based on DCA20GA wire terminated with Switchcraft RCA plugs known from Jeff's Place & The Audio Beatnik (amongst others). I can see both speaker wires & interconnects are popular on this forum too.

Next, I'd like to experiment with both a shielded version of the DCA20GA, perhaps with RCA connectors from Audio Note or KLE Innovations - and a set of interconnects based on Duelund Silver wire.

There are three different types: 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. I'm trying to figure out what the three types of wire correspond to in the GA system (i.e. same conductivity & capacitance as the DCA20GA).

The DCA20GA is 1.8mm with and internal diameter of 0.95mm - this wire is made from tinned copper.

Data on the three types of silver wire:

Silver 1.0
Internal foils measures - 2.5mm width by 0.25mm height; External measurements - 3.9mm width by 2mm height

Silver 2.0
Internal foils measures - 4.5mm width by 0.25mm height; External measurements - 5.65mm width by 2mm height

Silver 3.0
Internal foils measures - 4.5mm width by 0.25mm height; External measurements - 5.65mm width by 2mm height

So my question boil down to this: Which of the silver wires corresponds mostly closely to the DCA20GA.

In addition, I'd be very happy for any feedback, experiences og tips.

Thanks in advance,

Kasper Bergholt
Previous Topic: We Need More Women
Next Topic: The Intellectual People Podcast - JDS Labs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:41:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers