Home » Audio » General » Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words
Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words [message #94305] Wed, 25 August 2021 21:24 Go to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
I tend to adjust the volume on my phone whenever I'd use my earphones because the audio is either too high or too low. I realized, in my experience, that louder volume doesn't mean that you'll get to understand the words better. Listening to anything with words gets difficult sometimes because you have to adjust the sound accordingly.
Re: Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words [message #94307 is a reply to message #94305] Thu, 26 August 2021 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You might adjust the tone controls also. Sometimes reducing bass improves intelligibility.
Re: Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words [message #94311 is a reply to message #94305] Sat, 28 August 2021 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I can relate to this. I'd usually start with the lowest volume that I can understand and adjust from there. I'm always cautious when wearing earphones or earbuds because I tend to get surprised by loud sounds.
Re: Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words [message #94601 is a reply to message #94305] Sun, 10 October 2021 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
Listening to podcasts with my earphones has let me experienced this too. I'd lower the volume when it's hurting my ears and then increase it when I can't understand anything anymore. It's a bit inconvenient, so I think it's better to have good audio equipment.
Re: Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words [message #94608 is a reply to message #94307] Tue, 12 October 2021 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Thu, 26 August 2021 09:19

You might adjust the tone controls also. Sometimes reducing bass improves intelligibility.
Yeah, I was gonna say increase the treble, but it's kind of the same thing.

Once you know the lyrics though, you can hear them regardless of the settings.
Re: Louder Volume Equals Inaudible Words [message #94648 is a reply to message #94305] Thu, 21 October 2021 13:30 Go to previous message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
I agree 100% with you. Honestly I have never thought of adjusting the bass on my phone when I listen to music. I tend to sing louder when I turn the music up.
Previous Topic: Alternative to Audible
Next Topic: The social aspect of music platforms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:19:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout