Home » xyzzy » Tower » NASA
NASA [message #94249] Mon, 16 August 2021 14:05 Go to next message
smartt is currently offline  smartt
Master
What is the most expensive hifi product or car you can buy? That is cheap compared to the NASA spacesuit for 1 billion.
Re: NASA [message #94253 is a reply to message #94249] Mon, 16 August 2021 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Yes, but I don't have to breathe vacuum when I listen to my stereo. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: NASA [message #94258 is a reply to message #94253] Tue, 17 August 2021 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I'd be more worried what NASA is getting out of their contract with Boeing for their Starliner. Fact is, I don't have a lot of faith in Boeing at all anymore. Since their 737 Max debacle.
Re: NASA [message #94804 is a reply to message #94258] Sat, 13 November 2021 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Thinking of NASA. I think they have done an exemplary job for decades now with their unmanned devices exploring the space around us. Really a cost effective means of gathering basic scientific information. Space is absolutely about the most difficult environment to put humans in. Our means of propulsion is still too inefficient. Our frailty to all the dangers too expensive to engineer for long term exposure that our automated probes are a perfect means to explore the final frontier. I'm excited and hopeful the James Webb telescope is pulled off a success. The most ambitious time machine ever constructed.
Re: NASA [message #94822 is a reply to message #94804] Sun, 14 November 2021 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, there was a recent special on modern technologies that were the result of the space program. Some such as the Mylar heat blankets used for emergency warmth and heat shielding for fire fighters. Others involve communication technology that we take for granted now. Satellite weather forecasting, aerogel heat resistant compounds, aspects of robotics, and lots of others. It may be expensive, but we enjoy the fruits every day.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: NASA [message #94996 is a reply to message #94822] Sat, 25 December 2021 10:18 Go to previous message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
A Christmas present for our world. James Webb is on the way. Ten billion is a lot of money. But for the potential this rig has. It's easy money well spent. The Pentagon can blow that much without even knowing about it.
Previous Topic: Trust Is A Must!
Next Topic: Happy Holidays!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:20:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout