Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Lyrics or Melody
Lyrics or Melody [message #94215] Sat, 14 August 2021 00:16 Go to next message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
How do you choose your music? There are songs with beautiful melodies but with lyrics that are almost foolish. Some music, though, has meaningful lyrics, yet their tune doesn't appeal to me. It's a dilemma sometimes when choosing a song and creating a playlist. Which can you tolerate more with your music?
Re: Lyrics or Melody [message #94222 is a reply to message #94215] Sat, 14 August 2021 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I really never consider which. It either appeals to me to not. There are songs though that I come to enjoy after initially not giving much thought to.
Re: Lyrics or Melody [message #94237 is a reply to message #94222] Sun, 15 August 2021 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Hey, I noticed you're fairly new, so welcome to the forum. I guess I'll go with the melody, since I often misunderstand the lyrics anyway.
Re: Lyrics or Melody [message #94264 is a reply to message #94215] Wed, 18 August 2021 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acacia is currently offline  Acacia
Viscount
I will have to go with melody since I can afford to listen to songs I don't even understand. Even when songs are in a different language, I come to appreciate them because of their melody. Besides, I prefer instrumental and classical songs over lyrical ones.
Re: Lyrics or Melody [message #94451 is a reply to message #94215] Sun, 19 September 2021 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
I rarely pay attention to the lyrics unless I fully know the song. I'd rather have music with great melodies since it helps with my imagination. Some tunes bring me back in time, and I find these types of music exciting.
Re: Lyrics or Melody [message #94505 is a reply to message #94215] Sat, 25 September 2021 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mica is currently offline  Mica
Viscount
Both! Some songs just hit me in "the feels", others I love the melody. I guess it just depends on my mood. That is why I love music, it helps determine my mood.
Re: Lyrics or Melody [message #94532 is a reply to message #94215] Fri, 01 October 2021 00:33 Go to previous message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
With Spotify, I'd search for a genre that I'm feeling at that moment. I don't go into details when looking for songs, and I seem fine with the recommendations. I think I'd be more tolerant of petty lyrics since I imagine myself choosing next if the tune is too rough.
Previous Topic: DIRECTV Stream
Next Topic: Suits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:07:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout