Home » Audio » General » Information Retainer
Information Retainer [message #94007] Mon, 12 July 2021 10:24 Go to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
It's incredible how music can help you retain information while you sleep if you play the same tune that you were listening to when you were studying. Music, in general, helps with improving memory, but learning about how it can also be applied during rest is so practical. If you're interested, I came to know about this through Dr. Huberman's podcast.
Re: Information Retainer [message #94017 is a reply to message #94007] Tue, 13 July 2021 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
What's the name of the podcast, Zart? I used to listen to rainstorms while I studied in college, and I think it helped me retain some of my chemistry material. It's weird, but organic chemistry still pops into my head when it storms.
Re: Information Retainer [message #94028 is a reply to message #94007] Thu, 15 July 2021 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
In that sense, I wonder if being more sensitive to music will help you learn faster in your sleep since the person would hear more than your average listener. Knowing this, in general, is helpful enough for me because then I wouldn't have to consider a drug to learn better.
Re: Information Retainer [message #94085 is a reply to message #94017] Thu, 22 July 2021 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zart is currently offline  Zart
Baron
You can look into the Huberman Lab podcast of episode 3, where the topic was about learning and optimizing sleep. I feel thankful for my senses after listening to that and knowing how I can maximize its use.

Strum Drum wrote on Tue, 13 July 2021 08:09
What's the name of the podcast, Zart? I used to listen to rainstorms while I studied in college, and I think it helped me retain some of my chemistry material. It's weird, but organic chemistry still pops into my head when it storms.
Re: Information Retainer [message #94184 is a reply to message #94007] Tue, 10 August 2021 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phonetic Ear is currently offline  Phonetic Ear
Baron
Maybe this is why I can memorize better from my notes when I sang what I was studying. The sounds kind of serve as a cue that made it easier to recall certain concepts and vocabulary. It calms my nerves, but it was also an efficient way to learn.
Re: Information Retainer [message #94189 is a reply to message #94007] Thu, 12 August 2021 00:18 Go to previous message
Spotifier is currently offline  Spotifier
Baron
I'm not sure if this will apply to me because I get easily distracted when there's music in the background. Maybe if the song doesn't have lyrics, it can help with my learning. Otherwise, I might end up singing along without being able to study anything.
Previous Topic: Replace tubes in a tube power amp
Next Topic: Can AI Write Songs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:46:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout