Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Olympics (opening and closing ceremonies)
Olympics [message #94000] Sat, 10 July 2021 22:13 Go to next message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The Summer Olympic Games are coming up soon. I don't follow sports, but I usually catch the opening and closing ceremonies because the audio and visual performances are stunning. The best one I've seen so far was London's, and it was all came down to the spectacular music. Many great artists and bands came from the UK and they did a tremendous job of showcasing their best. Which of the Olympics had the best AV performance in your opinion?
Re: Olympics [message #94001 is a reply to message #94000] Sun, 11 July 2021 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Won't be much cheering going on in there this time around. No spectators allowed.

I think it might be nice to put the summer games back permanent where it all started. Greece. Countries have to cover such a huge outlay to build stadiums, venues and such for a once in maybe ever big show.

And... Why is golf an Olympic sport? Maybe bowling ought to be included as well.
Re: Olympics [message #94002 is a reply to message #94001] Sun, 11 July 2021 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Rio's closing ceremonies were pretty epic. I'd like to see exactly how they did it because my understanding is that most of their scenes were projected. I'd like to know what equipment they used to create such stunning visuals.
Re: Olympics [message #94011 is a reply to message #94000] Mon, 12 July 2021 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
The Pyeongchang Opening Ceremony was memorable for me because of the traditional costumes and music that they used. It's funny how I'll look for errors during performances. However, it's really spot-on, with the light effects complementing the execution of the moves.
Re: Olympics [message #94019 is a reply to message #94000] Tue, 13 July 2021 14:46 Go to previous message
penguin89 is currently offline  penguin89
Baron
I was a huge fan of Rio's closing ceremony. I love fireworks, and I was very impressed with Rio's fireworks display. I also loved the dancing performances at the end of the ceremony. I'm always impressed by how such a huge performance comes together!
Previous Topic: Reality TV
Next Topic: The Room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:41:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout