Home » Audio » Home Theater » TV Box Recommendations
TV Box Recommendations [message #93980] Sun, 04 July 2021 01:47 Go to next message
Beck is currently offline  Beck
Viscount
I'm looking into buying a new TV Box that gives the best experience of film viewing and gaming. I mostly hear about Android TV boxes, but some reviews say that it's not worth it. Now I'm having doubts about its quality. Do you have other brands that you would recommend?
Re: TV Box Recommendations [message #94040 is a reply to message #93980] Fri, 16 July 2021 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I use the Pro version of the Nvidia Shield TV, which is powered by Android, and I think it's great for gaming. If you want to go a different route, then have a look at a Roku. They're a popular choice, and they've been around for a while.
Re: TV Box Recommendations [message #94076 is a reply to message #94040] Wed, 21 July 2021 10:40 Go to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
The TiVo Stream 4k is still excellent, and it's powered by Android TV so don't rule them all out. If the device stops working, that usually means that the software needs to be updated or the device needs to be restarted. It's annoying as heck, but that's how most internet connected electronics are today. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.
Previous Topic: Huge delay on Fire TV
Next Topic: OLED TVs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 00:55:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout